FIND A CLINIC:
Many Australian couples desperate to have a baby are being turned away due to a lack of sperm donors.
Sperm Donors Australia is seeking Australian men from a wide range of backgrounds to consider becoming sperm donors.
There are many reasons why donors participate. The benefits of donating sperm include:
1. To find out your own fertility status
2. To help assist another couples dream come true - in creating a new life and a family
3. To receive a free general health check-up including some blood tests
4. Reimbursement for any expenses incurred
5. The assurance of a private and confidential enquiry process, no appointment with your GP is needed prior to meeting with us
A recent sperm donor to Sperm Donors Australia, “John” explained his reason for assisting:
“I have had colleagues who had had trouble conceiving and it is heartbreaking for them, so I wanted to do my bit.”
John consulted his family about donating and they were supportive. He said he believed men were unaware of how much in need sperm donors were.
To be a sperm donor, you must meet the following criteria:
• You are between 18 and 50 years of age.
• You are in good health.
• You have a low risk for sexually transmitted diseases and HIV/AIDS.
• You can provide a family medical history.
Some people in the community may not be able to donate because their lifestyle puts them at greater risk of contracting diseases that could infect the recipients and any children conceived. As part of being accepted as a donor, a lifestyle declaration must be signed. All services are provided in a completely discreet and confidential environment.
For more information, visit the dedicated website for sperm donors, www.spermdonorsaustralia.com.au
City Fertility Centre has locations across Australia, in Brisbane, Adelaide, Gold Coast and Victoria.
Phone 1300 781 483 or visit www.cityfertility.com.au
© 2009 City Fertility | Website design & development by The Creative Collective