If you live in NSW and have been considering IVF treatment, then we have some encouraging news for you. Roughly 12,000 people undergoing IVF treatment in NSW will be able to claim a $2000 rebate as part of the $42 million “Affordable IVF initiative” as announced by the NSW Government in May.
So, what’s included in the package?
Those who are eligible will benefit from:
- A $2000 rebate when undergoing IVF treatment in NSW
- An extended rebate for pre-IVF fertility testing
- If you are a teacher, nurse or other NSW public servant, you will receive five days of paid fertility treatment leave.
When can you access the scheme?
The NSW rebate will commence on the 1st of January, 2023. Those who have undergone an eligible procedure from the 1st of October 2022 will also be able to submit a claim once the rebate scheme commences.
What is the eligibility criteria for the rebate?
To apply you must:
- be a woman
- be a resident of NSW
- have received fertility treatment from an accredited ART provider
- have received eligible fertility treatment(s) from 1 October 2022
- be claiming out-of-pocket costs not reimbursed by another government program or rebate, such as Medicare.
- Can’t have received treatment for the sole purpose of fertility preservation
Note: Service NSW acknowledges people in the transgender community, or who are non-binary, may receive fertility treatment but may not identify as women.
How to claim and save on your treatment?
Once the scheme has commenced, you may be able to claim the one-time payment following your fertility specialist’s request for IVF treatment and/or pre-IVF fertility testing.
With the news of this scheme and the fact we are heading into the busiest time of year, we strongly recommend booking your fertility consultation and/or appointments ahead of time. You can access our services in NSW from our Sydney clinics in the CBD, Liverpool and Miranda.
If you’d like to find out more about our fertility services or discuss how we can help, contact our friendly staff at 1300 354 354 or email@example.com today. For more information on how to apply, please visit the Service NSW website or click here to apply.
Please note, there is also a rebate available to NSW residents that helps subsidise out of pocket expenses for pre-IVF fertility testing. To learn more, visit our NSW fertility testing rebate article.