Dr Neil Astill
MBBS (QLD), FRCOG, FRANZCOG | Clinical Director
- Beaudesert Medical Centre
47 William Street, Beaudesert, QLD 4285
- Mc Cullough Centre
Suite 24, 259 Mc Cullough Street, Sunnybank, QLD 4109
6/23 Commercial Drive Springfield, QLD 4300
Dr Astill provides a caring and compassionate service, focusing on the most important pregnancy of all… yours.
Dr Astill works primarily in:
- IVF and fertility care.
- Pelvic surgery.
Dr Astill graduated from the University of Queensland Medical School in 1972. He spent seven years working throughout Queensland, and has also worked with the Royal Flying Doctor Service as well as in South Africa and England. He returned to Brisbane in 1980 and has been running a successful private practice since 1982.
Dr Astill expanded his private obstetrics and gynaecology practice in 2002 to include fertility care and assisted conception and has been working with City Fertility since 2009.
He became a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 1982 and a Fellow of the Royal English College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 1994.
Awards and achievements:
- Member of the Australian Menopause Society.
- Serving committee member of Sunnybank Private Hospital Medical Advisory Committee for more than 10 years.
- Serving member of Sunnybank Private Hospital Operating Theatre Advisory Committee for more than 25 years.
- Serving member of Sunnybank Private Hospital Obstetrics Committee for more than 25 years and current chairman.
- Member of the Australian Gynaecologists’ Travellers Society.
Watch Dr Neil Astill’s video for further advice.
Please note: This video may not be copied or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of City Fertility Centre © 2014.
Get to know your doctor
- I grew up in… Brisbane.
- I start my day… making a cup of tea.
- When I am not working… I love spending time with my family.
- I wish I could… help all my patients with fertility issues fall pregnant.
- Most people don’t know that… I love cricket.
- When I was growing up, I wanted to be… a vet.
- My favourite holiday spot is… Noosa.
- My greatest achievement is… having a loving family.
- The one person I would have liked to have met is… Pat Farmer (ultra-marathon athlete).
- The best advice my parents gave me was… make your own decision.
If you would like more information, please refer to Dr Astill’s website: www.drastill.com.au.
Take the first step towards parenthood
Book a time to meet with one of our specialists