When well-known people open up about their fertility struggles it makes us all feel just that little bit more normal. Whether you are a celebrity or not, fertility issues can impact anyone – in fact one in six couples experience fertility problems.
Below we have collated a few inspiring quotes from some public figures who have talked openly about their very own fertility journeys. We hope these give you courage and strength, and the knowledge that you are never alone, whatever path you are on.
Celine Dion on feelings during IVF
- “With any pregnancy, whether it’s through IVF or not, you feel a danger. You have to remain positive and try to relax as much as possible.” Celion Dion.
Greg Wise, husband of Emma Thompson, on remembering why you’re doing what you are
- “IVF is very upsetting. It’s a brutal process and it’s very emotional. It’s really hard. But then you pick yourself up, look around and see this unbelievably beautiful little baby you’ve got anyway,” Greg Wise, husband of Emma Thompson.
Chrissy Tiegen on talking about IVF
- “Once we talked about IVF, it was like I heard everything. Some people who are close to us had done it, like, seven to 10 times,” Chrissy Teigan.
Anne Hathaway on TTC and infertility
- “For everyone going through infertility and conception hell, please know it was not a straight line to either of my pregnancies. Sending you extra love.” Anne Hathaway.
Michelle Obama on suffering miscarriages
- “I felt like I failed because I didn’t know how common miscarriages were. Because we don’t talk about them.” Michelle Obama.
Phone: 1300 354 354