Dr Andy Stamatiou
- Watkins Medical Centre
Level 7, 225 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill, QLD 4000
- The Hub Complex
Level 1, Suite 7 and 8, 2 Lorraine Street, Capalaba, QLD 4157
6/23 Commercial Drive Springfield, QLD 4300
Dr Andy Stamatiou is known for his compassionate and caring approach. He offers continuity of care throughout fertility treatment, pregnancy and delivery.
Dr Stamatiou works primarily in:
- IVF and fertility care
Dr Stamatiou graduated from the University of Queensland in 1990. He started training in obstetrics and gynaecology in 2001 and was granted a Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 2009.
He has extensive experience within the public health system. His obstetrics practice includes the management of pregnancy and labour, and of high-risk pregnancy. Patients have a choice of delivering either at the Mater Mothers’ Hospital or The Wesley Hospital.
Dr Stamatiou’s gynaecological practice encompasses the management of all general gynaecological conditions, including menstrual disturbances, menopausal conditions, endometriosis, fibroids, prolapse and incontinence. He also has a special interest in laparoscopic surgery.
Consultations via Skype are available, please ask our friendly staff for more information about this service.
Get to know your doctor
- I grew up in… Dutton Park in Brisbane with loving parents and two brothers. My parents came from Greece when young and worked extremely hard to provide for my brothers and myself. Our Greek heritage is as important as our Australian traditions.
- I start my day… organising my sons for school. Do they have everything for sport, music, school, plus the different uniforms for each? My wife and I always run on school mornings. How many times do we say, “We’re going to be late!”
- When I am not working… When is this? I like to watch my sons play soccer and try to be at every game – not always easy.
- I wish I could… do more to inform women that there are now many solutions to matters of concern to them. For women to feel empowered to ask questions, seek solutions and to expect a good outcome.
- Most people don’t know that… I love making things with my hands. I built an elevated cubbyhouse for my sons when they were small. I think of myself as quite a handyman.
- When I was growing up, I wanted to be… a doctor. As cliched as it sounds, that is just what I always wished to be.
- My favourite holiday spot is… by the beach. I love the ocean and love how it allows me to feel relaxed.
- My greatest achievement is… making a difference in people’s lives. Seeing the look on someone’s face when they are told they are pregnant, the look when a baby is delivered, the look when someone who has had pain for many years no longer has that pain.
- The one person I would have liked to have met is… my maternal grandfather. My mother spoke of him fondly, growing up in the northern part of mainland Greece. How interesting to hear stories from him about a completely different life, in a different place, with different traditions.
- The best advice my parents gave me was… “Work hard and you will achieve. Appreciate your family and you will be a happy man.”
Take the first step towards parenthood
Book a time to meet with one of our specialists