Dr Georgiana Tang brings with her extensive experience in gynaecology and reproductive medicine. She sees her patients’ wellbeing and treatment successes as her main priority.
Dr Tang works primarily in:
- IVF and fertility care.
- Laparoscopic surgery.
Dr Tang graduated from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in 1992 and trained at St George Hospital. She began her specialisation in obstetrics and gynaecology at Liverpool Hospital, in the Sydney South West Area Health Service (SSWAHS). In 2004, she completed a Master of Reproductive Medicine at the University of Western Sydney.
Dr Tang has practised reproductive medicine for the past 15 years. Her practice includes the management of all aspects of fertility (from evaluation to treatment), general gynaecology and laparoscopic surgery. She has also been a co-founder of a number of IVF units.
Dr Tang, who operates at Liverpool Day Surgery, is a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
She is well known for her personalised and friendly approach with patients. She prides herself on providing the highest standard of care and strives to achieve the best outcome for her patients.
Dr Tang was born in Hong Kong and moved to Australia in her teenage years to study. She is married and has three daughters.
Dr Tang strives to accommodate new patients within 10 working days.
Awards and achievements:
- Published author who has given numerous seminars on fertility and gynaecology to patients, nurses and GPs. She has also been a speaker at fertility conferences.
- Active member of the Quality Assurance and Policy and Procedure Committees in the SSWAHS.
- Lecturer at UWS School of Applied Science (2001-09).
- Conjoint lecturer at the UNSW and the UWS (2001-05).
- First female staff specialist in obstetrics and gynaecology appointed at Liverpool Hospital.
Other languages spoken: Cantonese and Mandarin.
Watch Dr Georgiana Tang’s video for further advice.
Please note: These videos may not be copied or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of City Fertility © 2017.
Get to know your doctor
- I grew up in… Hong Kong and moved to Australia in my teenage years to study. I have been living in Sydney for the past 30 years and I try to go to Hong Kong every two years to visit my family.
- When I am not working… I am painting. I have been learning Chinese painting for three years now and I love it.
- I wish I could… have more time in a day to be able to help more patients and spend more time with my kids. Unfortunately, 24 hours is not enough.
- Most people don’t know that… I play the piano and really enjoy Chinese opera (it’s kind of daggy, I know!).
- My favourite holiday spot is… USA and Europe and I am yet to explore Beijing.
- When I was growing up, I wanted to be… an architect, as I like to design and build things with my hands. However, helping patients to achieve their dream of having a family is extremely satisfying and rewarding, and that is something that I wouldn’t change.
- My greatest achievement is… establishing a fertility and gynaecology practice with the help and support of GPs, colleagues, patients and my wonderful family. I couldn’t have done it without them.
- The one person I would have liked to have met is… the Dalai Lama.
- The best advice my parents gave me was… be kind and always try your best even if you don’t succeed.
If you would like more information on Dr Tang, please visit her website: www.drgeorgianatang.com.au.