As we soon farewell the Year of the Dog and welcome the Year of the Pig (5th February), you will be pleased to know that babies born during the new Chinese year are said to be born with envious blessings and wealth.
According to Chinese astrologers – those born under this sign are optimistic, positive, and open-minded. They know how to take action, be fair and tolerant, and are endowed with a soft and moderate spirit. These positive personality characteristics make them have a grateful heart and it is easier for them to have a stable and happy life. They are thought to often bring wealth to their families too. In Chinese culture, pigs are the symbol of wealth and their chubby faces and big ears are signs of fortune as well.
If you are hoping to have a baby this Chinese New Year here are a few tips on how you can improve your chances:
- Get the timing right: The peak time for conception are the days leading up to ovulation, as these are the most fertile days in a female’s cycle.
- Don’t stress: It is important to ensure you have adequate rest and relaxation. Let go of all daily non-essential activities and concentrate on your own well-being first.
- Be healthy: Following a sensible diet and exercise program can help boost your reproductive health. Having a healthy BMI is important too.
- Reduce toxins: Stopping or minimising things like smoking, alcohol and caffeine is wise.
- Take fertility boosting supplements: Increasing folic acid (women) and zinc/antioxidant (men) supplements is recommended.
Of course, if you have been trying without success for more than six months and are 35+ years old, or for more than 12 months and are under 35 years, we suggest you seek the help of a fertility specialist for some advice. We have more than 50 City Fertility specialists nationally ready to help you.
We offer patients a personalised approach and the full range of fertility services including general fertility assessments, pre-IVF options, IVF, fertility preservation, support services and donor programs.
We also deliver a continuity of care to patients who see the same specialist throughout their journey with us; we have proven success rates; and world-class laboratories led by highly experienced scientists.
With our flexible payment plan options, financial stress will be the least of your worries.
Our partnership with world leader in IVF – CHA Healthcare, makes us Australia’s largest IVF clinic with a global footprint. This partnership with CHA will ensure we continue to further expand our capabilities and enhance our ongoing focus on delivering clinical excellence and world-class results for our patients.
CHA is one of the oldest and largest private healthcare groups in Korea and Asia’s premier name in women’s health, maternity care and reproductive medicine with more than 9,000 deliveries and approximately 20,000 IVF cases annually.
Need more information? Call us 1300 354 354 | Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image courtesy of Shuterstock